- Rain Bird HE-VAN Nozzles deliver an average DULQ of 70%, more than a 40% improvement over typical variable arc spray nozzles.
- Rain Bird HE-VAN Nozzles deliver a SC less than or equal to 1.6, which is 35% lower than the typical variable arc spray nozzle.
Distribution Uniformity (DULQ): DU in irrigation is a measure of how uniformly water is applied to the area being watered. DULQ is calculated by taking the volume in the lowest quarter of catch can measurements and dividing it by the average volume of all catch can measurements. Scheduling Coefficient (SC): SC is a measure of how long a zone must be run in order to provide adequate water to the driest spot.
- Spacing: 6 to 15 feet (1.8 to 4.6 m)¹
- Pressure: 15 to 30 psi (1.0 to 2.1 bar)
- Optimum pressure: 30 psi (2.1 bar)²
¹ These ranges are based on proper pressure at nozzle.
² Rain Bird recommends using 1800/RD1800 PRS Spray Bodies to maintain optimum nozzle performance in higher pressure situations.